Subject: Re: Not Perfectly Clear!
From: "J. David Johnson" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 1995 22:19:27 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 17 Feb 1995 [email-masked] wrote:

> I am trying to make a line on a bar graph slowly appear from left to right. I 
> figured a transparency image map sequence would do the trick, but it seems 
> like I can never make the object *totally* transparent. There is always a 
> faint outline of it. I've even tried it with no image map and just 100% 
> transparency. However, if I set transparency to 200%, the object is totally 
> gone. My questions are: 1) how do I animate my bar graph?, and 2) why isn't
> 100% transparency 100% invisible?
> 
> --Doug
> 

Hi Doug.

Your best bet to animate the bar is to save it in modeler with the base 
at the 0 Y axis (perhaps the lower left corner of the bar at 0,0,0.

Then use stretch in layout to animate the bar to the desired height.

If you start at zero (No apparent height) then make the bar very small
in height, .001mm or so. At the beginning of the animation, make the
bar 100% transparent. At the first frame of bar movement, make it 0%
transparent.

As far as your transparency problems, perhaps your transparency map isn't
true 0-0-0 black. Check your refraction and reflection settings for the
surface too. They shouldn't matter, but test it just the same.

Hope it helps...  jdavid